Background: RevMan Web (revman.cochrane.org) is the web application that is replacing RevMan 5 (Review Manager 5) as the main tool for producing and editing of Cochrane Intervention Reviews. It has been available for early adopters since the beginning of 2018, working alongside RevMan 5.
New features that support improved methods and streamline review production are due to be released this year. These features include:
- study-centric data;
- supporting use of Risk of Bias 2;
- integration with other review production tools.
The new features will only be introduced in RevMan Web and not in RevMan 5.
Objectives: this workshop offers you an opportunity to get hands-on training to set up editing your Cochrane Review in RevMan Web and take advantage of the new functionality in a safe environment so that you are ready for the new era.
After the session you will:
• know how to access RevMan Web to edit your Cochrane Intervention Reviews;
• know where to find support and training materials;
• understand future work planned for RevMan Web and how to influence it;
• understand how study-centric data will improve review production workflow and reduce errors in reviews as well as how you can start using it
Description: we will guide users to become familiar with the systematic review writing process through hands-on exercises. We will address interactions with complementary tools. The workshop facilitator will present the future development roadmap of RevMan Web and how both versions of the tool (RevMan Web and RevMan 5) will operate within the Cochrane Review ecosystem, including which new functionality will break compatibility with RevMan 5.
Note: participants should bring their own laptop (preferably) or tablet to the hands-on session.