Poster presentation guidelines
Requirements and information for posters
- When submitting your abstract proposal, you had the option to agree to the Authorship and Copyright Agreement. The abstract e-book will be published as a supplement to the Cochrane Library.
- Your poster presentation will take place over the lunch break on the day you have been assigned. Please stand next to your poster during this period.
- More detailed information about which day your poster has been allocated to will be provided closer to the date.
- The size of the poster should be A0 - 84.1cm (width) x 118.9cm (length) or 33.11 inches (width) x 46.81 inches (length).
- The posters must be displayed in PORTRAIT format (NOT landscape).
- Please do not exceed these dimensions. Posters that do not fall within size limitation cannot be posted.
Templates for Posters
- If you wish, you can use Cochrane branded poster templates for your Colloquium poster.
- Traditional academic conference poster templates and #BetterPoster templates, as well as information about the #BetterPoster design, can be found here.
Poster printing and transport
- Bodelon Impresos is a local company that can assist with printing posters in Santiago BEFORE the Colloquium. If you would like to request they print your poster, please contact Ignacio or Benjamin well in advance of the Colloquium at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Posters MUST be printed prior to the event. Please bring it with you (as hard copy) to the Colloquium.
- The presenter must transport all materials to and from the venue.
- There will be NO printing facilities available at the Colloquium venue.
- All text should be in English.
- Please ensure you create posters that are as professional and visually appealing as possible, and that you use a font size that can be read from an arm’s length from the poster.
- Please also check whether your organization provides poster templates and has any brand guidelines that should be followed.
Mounting and dismounting
- Presenters are responsible for mounting and dismounting their posters during the designated times, which you will receive at a later date.
- Posters should be attached to the poster boards with Velcro, which will be provided to you.
- Presenters should take down their posters by the end of the day that they are presenting. If poster aren’t collected by the end of the final day of the Colloquium, they will be recycled.
Flyers and hand-outs
- You are welcome to bring A4 copies or flyers of your poster with you to share with interested delegates
- We will not allow hand-outs or flyers to be left on the floor around the poster display.
- We will not be providing envelopes or Velcro for this purpose; the presenter must bring these themselves.
- You will receive a map of the venue and presentation locations when you arrive.
Tips for preparing your poster
- Cochrane has some tips for putting together your poster, which can be found here.