It is our pleasure to welcome you as a speaker at the 26th Cochrane Colloquium! We kindly ask you to follow the instructions below to ensure your presentation goes smoothly.
Workshop Session Times
- Concurrent Session A - Tuesday, 22 October, 11:00 – 12.30
- Concurrent Session B - Tuesday, 22 October, 14:00 – 15.30
- Concurrent Session C - Tuesday, 22 October, 16:00 – 17.30
- Concurrent Session D - Wednesday, 23 October, 11:00 – 12.30
- Concurrent Session E - Wednesday, 23 October, 14:00 – 15.30
- Concurrent Session F - Wednesday, 23 October, 16:00 – 17.30
- Concurrent Session G - Thursday, 24 October, 11:00 – 12.30
- Concurrent Session H - Thursday, 24 October, 14:00 – 15.30
- Concurrent Session I - Thursday, 24 October, 16:00 – 17.30
You can see the scheduled date, time and location of your workshop by logging in to the Colloquium website or by finding your workshop in the full Colloquium schedule .
Details of your workshop
The following functions of the online system are reserved to you as a workshop or meeting organizer:
The system allows you to:
- see the date, time and location of your workshop
- view and export the list of participants who have signed up for your workshop/meeting and those on the waiting list
- email the participants and/or waiting list candidates
- start an online discussion with participants
- share documents with your participants (e.g. an agenda or slides, via an online discussion by adding an attachment)
- share documents with the public by adding an attachment to your workshop or meeting
To perform any of these functions:
1) Log into your Colloquium account
2) Find your workshops by clicking on the ‘My submissions’ link on your Dashboard or in the menu.
3) Click on the title of the workshop you wish to view.
3) To upload documents, in the 'My Submissions' list, click on the ‘edit’ link next to your workshop title.
Signing up for workshops
Sign-up for Colloquium meetings and workshops will open on the 2nd October and will be available here.
If your workshop is fully booked
- You will be notified by email.
- Participants can no longer sign up to attend the workshop, but can put themselves on a waiting list for your workshop.
- If a participant of your workshop cancels his/her sign-up, the next person on the waiting list is automatically signed up, and notified via email.
- The maximum number of participants is based on the number you specified in the workshop proposal, or may be limited by the size of the allocated room. If you want to increase the maximum number of participants, contact email@example.com. Increase in participant numbers is subject to availability of suitable rooms.
- If the maximum number of participants is increased, those on the waiting list are automatically signed up in the order that they joined the list up to the new maximum limit, and notified via email. If additional free spaces remain available, other participants will also be able to sign up to the workshop.
If your workshop is restricted to a specific audience
- The eligibility of participants to attend will not be automatically checked - you are responsible for checking the list of signed up participants (see instructions above) if you wish to ensure they are all eligible.
- You can remove any individual participants who you determine are not eligible. Please make sure to notify the people concerned or contact them beforehand.
Instructions for your presentation
- Workshops are 90 minutes in length
- Please bring a copy of your slides on a USB memory stick to the Colloquium;
- Please also send your presentation to firstname.lastname@example.org in advance of the event;
- Please prepare your presentation in PowerPoint;
- Slides for your presentation should be in 16:9 aspect ratio. These settings are found on the “Design” tab and then slide size “Widescreen (16:9)”
- If you are using a video – the video file must be provided separately to the presentation and be in MOV or MP4 format
- Please ensure you have a holding slide where the video should be inserted and that it clearly states which video file should be used.
- If your video has sound, please check with the organisers that your room has a public address (PA) system to support this, via email@example.com
- It is mandatory to disclose all funding sources or conflict(s) of interest to the audience prior to your presentation. Ensure your disclosure is stated on the second slide of your presentation. Use either of the following statements:
- “I have no actual or potential conflict of interest in relation to this presentation”; or
- “I have had a financial interest, arrangement, or affiliation with the following organization(s) that could be perceived as a direct/indirect conflict of interest in the context/content of the subject of this presentation” (and then list these conflicts).
On the day of your presentation
- Check in at the speaker preview room (located close to the registration desks) at least two hours before your session starts and provide a copy of your presentation to the technical staff. Even if you have sent your presentation in advance please still visit the speaker preview room to check that it has been received and the formatting is ok.
- All presentations must be uploaded one hour before your workshop stars.
- If you have multiple facilitators bringing their own slides – please make sure you all submit your slides and clearly indicate the order that these should go in.
- If you are speaking in more than one session, please ensure that the presentations are labelled clearly and in separate folders.
- Please come to your assigned session room 15 minutes in advance to fine-tune the session with other facilitators and check that you have all the equipment you need.
- A PC with internet connection, microphone, and a projector will be set up in all session rooms. For those who have requested special equipment in your abstract, please make sure you email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm this;
- Bring all necessary materials and handouts for your workshop. We will not be able to print handouts or additional materials at Casa Piedra.
Note: You can track the number of individuals registered for your workshop (see details above) to ensure that you have sufficient materials and handouts available.
- A brief evaluation form for workshops can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/HHX937J Please include this in your PP presentation and encourage your participants to complete it.
- Technical assistance will be available in each room.
- Please be sure to end on time.
Do I need to register if I am a facilitator?
Yes, all facilitators need to register and pay the registration fee.
Can I make changes to my abstract?
No. Changes to abstracts are no longer possible.
When do I need to be in my session room?
Please come to your assigned session room 15 minutes in advance.
When and where can I upload my presentation?
Check in at the speaker preview room (located close to the registration desks) at least two hours before your session starts and provide a copy of your presentation to the technical staff. Even if you have sent your presentation in advance please still visit the speaker preview room to check that it has been received and the formatting is ok.