Unfortunately, due to protests in Santiago and Valparaíso, Student Satellite Event has been cancelled.
Sunday, October 20, 2019
09:00-17:30, Health Campus of University of Valparaíso, Viña del Mar, Chile
If you are a student of any discipline (or level) interested in biomedical research or evidence-based healthcare, you are cordially invited to join us in this satellite event. In this full day satellite event, you will be able to share and participate in workshops, discussion sessions, and meetings with students and researchers from other parts of the world linked to the Cochrane Collaboration.
Among the different activities for the day, we will have a keynote talk by Dr. Gordon Guyatt (Macmaster University), as well as other presentations, including:
1. Errors in Evidence-Based Practice and Decision Making (Daniel Simancas - Cochrane Ecuador)
2. Cochrane International Mobility Program (Presenter TBC)
3. Students initiatives of peer-training EBM (Ibrahem Hanafi - Neurology Resident from Syria)
4. Cochrane’s 30 under 30 (Ndi Euphrasia Ebai-Atuh - CamoSO - Cameroon)
5. Sense about Science/AllTrials (Sile Lane - Sense about Science)
6. Evidence-based study tips (Camila Montesinos - CISPEC Ecuador)
7. Students for Best Evidence (Andrés Viteri - Cochrane Ecuador)
8. Wikipedia-Cochrane Project (Paula Zambrano)
9. FRISBEEs (Francisca Verdugo - CEUC)
The satellite event will be held on October 20, 2019 on the health campus of the University of Valparaíso (located in Angamos 655, Viña del Mar, Chile). There will be a 30 USD charge for this event, which will cover event participation, transport from Santiago to Viña del Mar and back for those who need it, and lunch.
If you have signed up for the bus from Santiago, you should have received an email with instructions about where to meet it. Please contact email@example.com if you have not received this email.
To register for this event, fill out the form here.