The call for abstracts is open, the deadline for submission is 12 April 2019. Abstracts for oral presentations and posters are invited in areas relevant to the work of Cochrane as well as evidence-based practice, policy, methodology, and advocacy.
The focus of the Colloquium is on ‘Embracing diversity’, which recognizes that Cochrane is a diverse community, addressing diverse health questions from diverse stakeholders using a range of diverse methods. We ask that abstract submissions consider the relevance to this theme. In particular, we welcome submissions that address or discuss diversity on reviews from different viewpoints/angles. Additionally we will keep a focus on patients and other health consumers and we will welcome that abstract submissions consider their impact on, and relevance to, them.
'Patient or healthcare consumer involvement' is listed as a specific category. However, we hope that many of the abstracts across other categories will also demonstrate this.
Submissions are invited in the following categories:
- Priority setting
- Global health and equity (including LMICs perspectives)
- Searching and information retrieval
- Statistical methods (basic and advanced methods not included in other separate categories)
- Overviews, rapid reviews, and other types of evidence synthesis (including maps and scoping reviews)
- Innovative solutions to challenges of evidence production (including machine learnings, searching algorithms, living meta-analysis)
- Network meta-analysis
- Diagnostic test accuracy review methods
- Qualitative evidence synthesis methodology
- Understanding and using evidence
- Knowledge translation and communicating evidence
- Inclusion of non-randomized designs
- Investigating bias
- Patient or healthcare consumers involvement and shared decision-making
- Multilingual solutions for evidence
- Education and training
The deadline for abstract submissions is 23.59 UTC, 12 April 2019.
How to submit an abstract
To submit an abstract, you and each of your co-facilitators will need to first log in on this website using your Cochrane Account (or create a Cochrane Account if you don’t already have one). You do not need to register for the Colloquium to submit an abstract.
Once logged in to your account, you can access the online submission form which must be used to submit abstracts. Complete this form and click ‘Save’ to submit it for review. You can log back in and access your submissions using the ‘My submissions’ link. You can edit your abstract until the deadline of 23.59 UTC, 12 April 2019. There will be no deadline extensions.
Instructions for oral and poster abstracts
- Abstracts must be submitted online by 12 April 2019, 23:59 UTC.
- Only abstracts submitted in English will be considered.
- Abstracts must not be more than 2400 characters (approx. 350 words).
- There is a special field to state how the research/initiative will improve (or has improved) a patient-focused health outcome OR how it discusses a theme identified by patients or healthcare consumers as important to them. This should be no more than 650 characters (approx. 100 words).
- The abstract should then follow the structure: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results, Conclusions, Patient or healthcare consumer involvement. If your abstract does not fit into this format, please choose alternative headings that are appropriate, but you should always have a final statement on patient or healthcare consumer involvement.
- The abstract title should not be more than 20 words.
- If abbreviations are used, the abbreviated term should be written out in full the first time it is used.
- Where relevant, please keep in mind the relevant reporting guidelines for the study design you are reporting on (e.g. available at the Equator Network website). There are also guidelines for patient involvement reporting that you may wish to consider.
- Tables and graphs can be submitted with your abstract as an attached image document. Allowed formats are: gif, png, jpg, jpeg, tif, tiff, pdf. Please remember to insert the reference (Table 1, Figure 1, etc.) in the abstract.
- You do not need to submit a PDF version of the abstract alongside the form.
Submission of abstracts
You will receive an automated email to acknowledge your abstract submission. (Please allow up to 20 minutes to receive this email). If you do not receive an email, or if you require any help with submitting your abstract, please email the Co-Chairs of the Abstract Committee at email@example.com.
Acceptance and notification of abstracts
Submissions will be judged on their originality, clarity, scientific quality and their level of relevance to diversity and patient/healthcare consumers. Some of the abstracts will be evaluated by at least one patient or healthcare consumer, so keep that in mind when making your submission and write in plain language.
At the time of submission, you will be asked to indicate a preference for oral or poster presentation. However, the final decision on the type of presentation offered is made by the Abstract Committee. We aim to notify authors of acceptance or rejection of their submission by 3 June 2019.
All presenters of accepted abstracts are required to register and attend the conference. The organizers reserve the right to withdraw abstracts if presenters have not registered for the Colloquium by 18 July 2019.